Tuesday 13 May 2014

Quilty Weather on the Way...

Sounds like we're in for some wet weather this week. Time to take a break from raking and the rest of the clean-up and back to the machine.

What will you be working on this week???

My week is all mixed up so I found myself at home today and took time to work on some blocks that were sitting there looking sad and neglected... waiting to be finished.



These are for Double Cross. I really like this one and can't wait to see it finished. 

Yes, this is one of my designs but I've only seen it in electronic fabrics. I did test the blocks with scraps and really liked them but I don't receive the actual fabric until after it has been shipped to the stores. I started this quite a while ago and it's been looking lonely lately so I spent some time with it today.


I love to use invisible thread for applique... I can hear the groans now.
There are a couple of simple things that you can do to make it work just fine and learn to love this very useful notion too.

First: The spool must be standing vertically not laying down. If you use it laying down, it will twist as it comes off the spool and give you a migraine.

Second: Only use it on top or in the bobbin BUT NOT BOTH. It will stretch on itself. Use your regular thread with it.

Third: Adjust your tension. When I use it, my tension is almost at "0". Do some simple tests as you adjust until you find that your bobbin thread doesn't show on top.

WARNING: Remember to re-adjust your tension when you go back to sewing seams or you will be doing what I had to do.... re-sew them all.


I managed to get them all together except for the center circles.They are all ready to be sewn on but will have to wait for another day.

Enjoy the quilty weather....


No comments:

Post a Comment